11.I wish that I _____ with you last night.
A. went B. could go C. have gone D. could have gone
12.I wish you ____ me how to swim next year.
A.teach B.have taught C.would teach D.had taught
13.The two students talked as if they _____ friends for years.
A. should be B. would be C. would have been D. had been
14. If only he ____quietly as the doctor instructed, he would not suffer so much now.
A. lies B. lay C. had lain D. should lie
15. Your aunt invites you to the movies today
---I would rather she ____ me tomorrow than today
A.tells B. told C. would tell D. had told
16. I am going to tell her the news
---I would as soon you _____her about it
A. didn’t tell B. don’t tell C. hadn’t tell D. won’t tell
17. The manager would rather his daughter _____ in the same office.
A. does not work B. had not worked
B. not to work D. did not work
18. I didn’t hear the phone. I ____ asleep.
A. must be B. must have been
C. should be D. should have been
19.We ____last night, but we went to the cinema instead
A. must have studied B. might study
C. would study D. should have studied
20.Harry ______ have won the Physics competition easily yesterday,
but he gave up.
A. could B. might C. should D. must